To turn your retail dreams into reality, a few key things are needed to start a Retail Shop or Business in Singapore. Here’s a handy checklist of what you need to do to get started:
1. Discover your big idea.
2. Research your product and audience.
3. Calculate your startup costs.
4. Source products.
5. Figure out your shipping strategy.
6. Create a marketing plan.
7. Choose a suitable location for your store.
8. Set up your POS system and e-commerce platform.
9. Apply for the relevant licenses and permits
If you need a POS system or software for your business try and signup here: Create Your Billdoo POS account
Starting a retail business in Singapore
Anybody looking to start a retail business in Singapore must first obtain a license from the Singapore Retailers Association (SRA). The process is simple and straightforward, and the SRA provides helpful resources and support for businesses.
Once you have obtained your license, there are a few key things you need to do to get your business up and running:
1. Find the right location: In order to be successful, your retail business must be located in an area with high foot traffic and good visibility. You should also consider whether the demographics of the surrounding area are a good fit for your target market.
2. Establish strong relationships with suppliers: In order to keep costs down and maintain a good inventory, it is essential to establish strong relationships with suppliers. Make sure to find suppliers who are reliable and offer good quality products.
3. Create a well-designed space: First impressions are essential, so make sure your retail space is well-designed and inviting. Pay attention to details such as lighting, layout, and signage.
4. Train your staff: Hiring friendly and knowledgeable staff is critical for any retail business. Be sure to provide employees with proper training so that they can provide excellent customer service.
5. Promote your business: Use marketing and advertising strategies to promote your retail business both online and offline. Make sure potential customers know about your store and what you have to offer!
Visit www.billdoo.com to explore POS software for retail businesses.
Things needed to open office space in Singapore:
1) A minimum paid-up capital of S$50,000 is required for a company to start operating in Singapore. The amount can be lower if the company is registered as a sole proprietorship.
2) The company must have a physical office space in Singapore in order to obtain the proper business licenses and permits.
3) The company will need to hire employees in order to manage the store and carry out daily operations.
4) It is important to have a detailed business plan that outlines the company’s goals and objectives, as well as the strategies that will be implemented in order to achieve these objectives.
5) Before starting operations, the company should register with the relevant government agencies and obtain the necessary licenses and permissions.